Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pasta Makes My Stomach Smile

Biongiorno Amicis! Oh how I have missed my blog. It seems that time has gotten away from me and I have not had time to give my little blog any attention. I guess it has reminded me that I really am an adult with an adult job in the real adult world. Reality hurts sometimes...and leaves little time for playtime and blogging! Alas, I am back!

On Wednesday night, Ashley came up with a delightful dinner idea that came out to be quite possibly one of the best pasta dishes that we have ever concocted. As I strive for the ever so healthy diet, I could never be one to completely cut out all carbs out of my life as I feel that would make me a very sad girl, not to mention that a proper Italian should never be deprived of pasta! Every couple of weeks I need my fix and this dish was perfect. A light summer pasta toss with an abundance of flavor that cooked up in no time. Here is what you need:


Grilled marinated chicken breast

Vine ripened tomatoes, cut in medium size chunks

Fresh garlic, minced

Fresh Basil

Artichoke hearts, quartered

Crumbled Feta Cheese

Olive Oil

Whole grain penne




The chicken breast can be marinated in the marinade of your choice and grilled, then cut up and set aside. Make sure you begin boiling your water for your pasta when you start cooking so that you can toss it in when your sauteed goodness is ready for action!


Start with the most basic way in which many great meals are born; sautee olive oil and garlice until the garlic begins to simmer and cook. Add in tomatoes and artichokes and let simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in chicken when all of the ingredients in the pan seem to be happy and well seasoned. When pasta is done cooking, drain and pour in the pan where the chicken and its sidekicks have been getting ready. Right before you start to toss it all together, sprinkle the feta on top and toss away!


This is guaranteed to make your stomach happy.


Peace Love & Pasta.

1 comment:

  1. yum! I think i'll try this out minus the chicken of cours :)!

    ReplyDelete