Friday, September 16, 2011

Baby Greens with Figs, Goat Cheese & Champagne Vinaigrette

Do you feel fall in the air where you live? The weather where we live has been gorgeous this week and perfect in every way. I desperately miss the South but there is something unique and special about fall in the Midwest and since we won't be living here forever, I am savoring the seasonal moments! I think some DIY sparkly pumpkins and an autumn wreath are in my near future.


I popped into The Fresh Market this week to pick up some of their delicious Pumpkin Spice coffee and a few other specialty items. The black mission figs looked extra plump and beautiful and I knew we needed them in a salad. Figs are one of my favorite fruits and this is the time of year that they taste the very best. I love mixing sweet bites of fig with a tangy, slightly sweet dressing. Soft, creamy goat cheese that melts slowly on your tongue is always the best finishing touch! Figs and goat cheese truly are the best of friends.


Baby Greens with Figs, Goat Cheese and Champagne Vinaigrette

Mixed baby greens
Black Mission Figs, sliced
Crumbled goat cheese

For the vinaigrette:

1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup champagne vinegar
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. honey
salt & pepper to taste

(This is the perfect amount of dressing for a two person salad. Recipe can be doubled, just use equal parts oil and vinegar. Add more honey for extra sweetness)

No comments:

Post a Comment