Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Day I Got Retweeted by Giada

You all should know by now that Giada is my go to girl for delicious recipes. I have yet to make something that I don't like. So, last night, I made one of my favorite weeknight meals- Giada's Crunchy Parmesean Chicken Tenders with baked sweet potato fries and a baby greens salad. Every so often, I tweet what I'm cooking and sometimes the link to the recipe, because Twitter is fun for sharing like that.



We gobbled up our dinner, had a nice relaxing evening and when I woke up this morning, I found this:



Mark got up before me and since I am practically legally blind and cannot see the clock across the room, I grabbed my phone to check the time, only to find a Twitter notification from Giada herself! I practically fell out of bed and ran to the living room, my curly hair all over the place yelling to Mark. "SHE TWEETED ME! GIADA TWEETED ME!". If you have been reading this blog for quite some time now, or if you know me well, you know that this made my existence of two plus years on Twitter all worth it! Ha!

And because this event provided me with the type of happiness on par with Christmas morning, I'll share the recipe with you that started it all. These chicken tenders are so easy to make and as you can see by Giada's response, this is a super kid friendly meal. We dipped them in Roasted Red Pepper Pistashio Pesto because every now and then, it's fun to act like a kid. And eat with your fingers.




Crunchy Parmesean Chicken Tenders
recipe from Giada DeLaurentiis

Olive oil
1 cup buttermilk
1.5 lbs. chicken tenders
freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 cups freshly grated parmesean
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs (I use panko)

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

Brush 1 Tbsp. oil over each of two heavy large lined baking sheets. Place buttermilk in a large bowl, add the chicken tenders and stir to coat. Let stand 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.

Stir the parmesean and bread crumbs in a pie dish. Add pepper to season. I also add about a half of a lemon's worth of lemon zest. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and dredge them in the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange the chicken tenders on the baking sheets and space evenly. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until they are cooked through and golden brown, about 12 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. How cool! I love her!

    I just printed out this recipe and am going to make it for dinner tonight. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, you are one of my most famous friends!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Becca sent me this recipe & I'm dying to make it soon!! How COOL that Giada retweeted you!! I'm a Food Network fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That looks delicious. I posted her salmon pizzettes recipe a long time ago on my blog. No twitter acknowledgement though. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that?!!! I just found your blog yesterday and am loving it! I'll be making these tonight!

    ReplyDelete